Scottish Drift Championship (SDC) 2021
SDC 2021 EVENT DATES
All rounds will be held at Driftland.
· Round 1 Weekender 3/4th July 2021
· Round 2 Sunday 8th August 2021.
· Round 3 Sunday 12th September 2021
· Round 4 FINAL - Sunday 7th November 2021
SDC REGULATIONS FOR 2021
· Minimum 2ltr AFFF handheld extinguisher fitted within reach of the driver while seated and belted.
· Fire retardant gloves are mandatory.
· If aftermarket seats/harnesses are fitted they must securely/safely mounted.
· Front and rear tow straps/tow hooks securely mounted and visible. Either by using a “TOW” sticker or contrasting colour to bodywork.
The above regulations are in addition to the standard Driftland car & driver rules.
Please read these thoroughly as no exceptions will be allowed.
All vehicles will be checked before being allowed on live track.
SDC 2021 Costs
· Driver entry fee per round £100.
· Sun strip is free on initial sign up for 2021. (£10 thereafter).
· Tyre changing £5 per change. (One on/one off) £2.50 per disposal.
· Pit crew £10.
· VIP parking £10 per car. (In addition to spectator entry cost)
· Spectator costs to be confirmed.
SDC 2021 CLASS STRUCTURE & PROGRESSION.
We have been working closely with The British Drift Championship during the off season and the SDC Pro-Am class will now be a direct feeder series to the Pro 2 Grid of the BDC.
SDC Pro-Am Class
Any driver holding a Full UK manual driving license or a Driftland license.
You cannot take part in this class if you already hold a BDC Licence or BDC Permit for 2021.
This class follows all of the SDC regulations and Driftland regulations.
Road tyres with a maximum width of 225 are allowed in this class. NO SEMI SLICKS.
The top 4 from rounds 1 to 5 of the SDC Pro-Am class will be given the opportunity to compete at the next available round of BDC Pro 2 and attempt to gain a BDC Pro 2 license. (Providing the car and driver meet the BDC regulations).
The top 4 from the SDC 2021 Pro-Am class championship will be issued a season long permit for BDC Pro 2 2022. (Providing the car and driver meet the BDC regulations).
Practice, Qualifying and points structure.
· Group A and Group B, set practice times.
· Qualifying for the 1st round will be in reverse numerical driver number, all rounds after that will be in reverse numerical championship order.
· 2 non-consecutive qualifying runs.
· The point’s structure will also follow in line with the current BDC structure. (Extra points for qualification has been removed).
· All drivers regardless of class, will practice and qualify together.
· There will be a top 24 for Pro-Am and a Top 8 for Pro. (this will be explained in more detail nearer the time).
Mark Gemmell Head Judge